ADSM-L

Re: TDPOracle v2.2 HPUX problem

2001-09-21 11:20:22
Subject: Re: TDPOracle v2.2 HPUX problem
From: "Warren, Matthew James" <matthewjames.warren AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 16:20:31 +0100
....Hmm, I have just found this in the documentation;

TDPO_FS
This option specifies a file space name on the TSM server which TDP for
Oracle uses for backup, delete, and restore operations. The file-space name
is a string of 1 to 1024 characters. When setting up this option, do not use
a directory delimiter in front of the filespace name. If this option was set
during TDP for Oracle backup operations, this option must be set during
restore and delete operations. If you have more than one Oracle database,
back up each Oracle target database to its own file space on the TSM server.

The default file space name is adsmorc.

Is this the same as the BACKUP_DIR value you mention to set in the tdpo.opt?

One thing though, if there is a default, why am I seeing the BACKUP_DIR not
set problem??