ADSM-L

Re: Is there a way to delete all files that were backed up

2001-09-19 13:04:21
Subject: Re: Is there a way to delete all files that were backed up
From: Glen Smith <tsm-l AT ENGINEER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 01:05:22 +0800
Hi Rick,

I'll take a stab at some of your questions -

Your method would work IF you're willing to remove all of the backups after
your point in time (assuming rollforward).  For some, that's too much to lose.

If expiration, migration, etc... have not run - life is dandy.  The Admin Guide
may have other suggestions to verify this, but I don't have mine handy.

The expiration and related processes add a significant twist to this.  Now, you
will absolutely want to follow the recommendations in the Admin Guide.  I
believe it's under "restoring the server to a point in time" or something like
that.  It's near the back of the guide.
    The golden key to all of this is the Volhist file from *before* the restore
db.  With that, you'll know exactly what volumes to audit and bring the server
backup up to date.

I hope that answers some of your questions, and maybe provides a pointer for
more reading.

Glen Smith

        "Richard L. Rhodes" <rhodesr AT firstenergycorp DOT com>