ADSM-L

Re: Is there a way to delete all files that were backed up lastnight for certain clients

2001-09-19 12:07:45
Subject: Re: Is there a way to delete all files that were backed up lastnight for certain clients
From: "Richard L. Rhodes" <rhodesr AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 12:00:42 -5
On 19 Sep 2001, at 10:35, David Longo wrote:
> That question has come up here about viruses.  I don't think there is an
> easy way.  Maybe someone has some experience/ideas.

Lets suppose that instead of just a few clients, you wanted to do
this for all clients - or at least be willing to accept loosing all
backups from the previous night . . . . .

Could you restore the db to the previous backup, and if in
rollforware mode, roll forward to before the backups started?

I've often wondered what would happen in this situation because
what's on tape wouldn't match what is in the db.  This would be
especially true if migration, expiration, and reclamation have run.

This situation is always true if your db backups are done in normal
mode (NOT using roll-forward).  In this case, any db restore will
always leave the db out of sync with what's on tape.

I've never had a good explanation of this situation, and the
documentation is completely silent.

Rick