ADSM-L

TSM performance on OS390

2001-09-19 12:07:41
Subject: TSM performance on OS390
From: Petr Přerost <pprerost AT HTD DOT CZ>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 18:03:30 +0200
Hello All ,
I just ended installation of TSM 4.2 server on OS/390 2.6 with TCPIP
from CS 2.6 , server is G5 RB6 . We are starting TSM server with
REGION 256MB. Network connection is through OSA Fast Ethernet ,
OSA ATM and CISCO CIP.  My problem is network transfer - we can reach
max. 2MB/s on very powerfull client ( Exchange server running on Compaq
8500 with 6 P3 550MHz ) connected to the same switch as OSA Fast Ethernet
adapter. My mainframe time are far away but I feel that problem is somewhere
in TCP/IP stack - any info about possible TCPIP on OS/390 tuning will be
highly appreciated.

Regards

Petr Prerost