ADSM-L

Re: Is there a way to delete all files that were backed up last night for certain clients

2001-09-19 10:03:02
Subject: Re: Is there a way to delete all files that were backed up last night for certain clients
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 07:03:47 -0700
You can define a management class with verexists=1 verdeleted=0 retonly=0,
and temporarly point to the  no retention class using include-exclude. Run
another backup to bind the files, then delete them from the source and run
another backup to expire them. (This will also delete your inactive versions,
so if you want to replace the files with the last known clean copy, restore
them to another location first)