ADSM-L

DNS Domain change effect on TSM

2001-09-17 15:20:54
Subject: DNS Domain change effect on TSM
From: "Richard L. Rhodes" <rhodesr AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:21:46 -5
Our current internal network has a bunch of dns domains resulting
from poor planning, mergers, etc.  A decision has been made to
re-domain(?) our network.  We are going to move all our network under
one new domain.  IP numbers are NOT changing, just the domain.

The plan is to put all hosts in the the new domain, and keep the old
domain around for a while.  This should allow for a quick conversion,
but eliminate a big-bang conversion.

I'm interested in issues/thoughts/comments on problems with TSM that
might come up in relation with this domain change.

Thanks

Rick