ADSM-L

Tapes autodefine

2001-09-13 17:16:26
Subject: Tapes autodefine
From: Christian Astuni <astuni AT AR.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 18:15:53 -0300
Hello everyone !!!
I have a two tapepools defined in my ADSM, one I use for common backups,
and the second I use for backups of the database.
I put in the library (7331) all the tapes, 17 for backups and 5 for
database backups.( One for each day). The problem is when the adsm doesn't
have tape for migration, define a tape that i have reserved for the
database backups.
I have the tapes in different devclass, but doesn't matter this and tha
ADSM autodefine the tapes, and start to use for the migration.
There are any posibilitty for the ADSM doesn't use the tapes that i have
reserved for the databade backups ?.

Thank you very much
Regards