ADSM-L

Re: Scheduled Event Status when Pre or Post command fails

2001-09-13 12:50:46
Subject: Re: Scheduled Event Status when Pre or Post command fails
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:51:13 -0700
The Scheduled event is the backup, which was successful.
The Pre-Post Schedule calls a script that runs outside the backup.
The only time I have seen a failed TSM event due to failure of a Post schedule
command was when the post schedule command hung due to a problem
unrelated to TSM. The scheduled event was waiting for it's return code to
continued,
and finally reached it's commtimeout, which caused a report of failed.