ADSM-L

Help Upgrade from TSM3.7.3.8 to 4.2 for Solaris

2001-09-12 11:33:52
Subject: Help Upgrade from TSM3.7.3.8 to 4.2 for Solaris
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 16:36:04 +0100
Hi

Has anyone performed an upgrade from TSM3.7.3.8 to 4.2 on a Solaris box.

I have been looking at the install procedure and it treats the upgrade of
any server release prior to version 4.1 as a migrate install. When it says
about removing the previous version of the server software, it says to
/usr/bin/pkgrm IBMadsm -S  , yet we are running a version prior to 4.1 but
have the TIVsmS software installed (not IBMadsm).

It seems to me that in relation to location of files etc, there is little
difference between 3.8 and 4.2. This says to me that all I should need to
do is pkgrm the current TIVsmS software and them simply install the newer
4.2 TIVsmS server software.

I am very new to all this and would be grateful for any direct advice in
relation to this upgrade as I really don't want to mess things up (I would
not be popular).

Also, does any one know how this upgrade will affect my registered
licences? Will I need to re-register the licences once the upgrade has
completed.

Again, any help you lovely people can give will be very much appreciated.

Thanks ever so much

Farren Minns

Ps - I would also like to say that my heart goes out to all those people
directly and indirectly affected by yesterday's tragic events. Saddened
beyond belief.