ADSM-L

Re: TDP MS SQL client errors

2001-09-09 23:58:42
Subject: Re: TDP MS SQL client errors
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 22:59:49 -0500
On Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:16:54 -0400, it was written:
>09/03/2001 19:26:19
>Executing Operating System command or script:
>   D:\Program Files\TIVOLI\TSM\TDPSQL\sqlfull.cmd
>09/03/2001 19:26:20 Finished command.  Return code is:
>   1
>09/03/2001 19:26:20 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'BACKUP.ACADNT3.SQL' failed.
>Return code = 1.
>09/03/2001 19:26:20 Sending results for scheduled event
>'BACKUP.ACADNT3.SQL'.
>09/03/2001 19:26:21 Results sent to server for scheduled event
>'BACKUP.ACADNT3.SQL'.
>
>How do I figure out what is happening ?
>
>I can execute the sqlfull.cmd file manually, and it works just fine.

Standard TDP Rant #1, clause 5: Whenever a TDP batch file runs fine
when executed manually, but does not when run in a schedule, you have
a permissions problem. The ID that Windows uses when running the TDP
scheduler is not necessarily equivalent to the ID that you log into
the machine with when running the batch file manually.

Check which user is set to run the TDP scheduler service. Chances are
that one of two things is true: this user lacks permission to
read/write the files in question, or the sqluser ID used in the batch
file lacks adequate permission to read the database properly.