ADSM-L

Re: retaining TDP backup that are in the default management class

2001-09-09 14:37:53
Subject: Re: retaining TDP backup that are in the default management class
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 13:39:02 -0500
On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 18:12:44 -0700, it was written:
>The configuration file for MS/SQL TDP was improperly updated, which resulted
>in the TDP backups being co-mingled with the normal nightly backups for that
>node.  The TDP backups should have been going to a special management class
>using a unique node name.
>
>Can just the TDP backups be moved to a different management class and to a
>different node name while leaving the normal nightly backups in the default
>management class and node?  Is yes, how?

Create a unique nodename for the TDP backups. (My favorite is to
append "_SQL" to the end of the nodename used for the backup/archive
client.) Set that nodename in the *.opt file for the TDP client. On
the server, set that nodename to backup to the new management class.

As my great-grandfather used to say, "Easy-peezy-gapaneezie."[1]

[1] Yes, I'm conceding to the politically-correct among us. ;o)