ADSM-L

Tivoli vs Arcserve 2000

2001-09-05 21:53:41
Subject: Tivoli vs Arcserve 2000
From: Scott G Davis <Scott.G.Davis AT ALLTEL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 20:56:02 -0500
I know that I probably should do this, but I can't help myself.

I am trying (or being forced to)defend my decision to use Tivoli over
Arcserve.  What are my reasons again?  I have been pitching Tivoli and
rolling it out with goos success to a Netware and NT environment that
consists os about 4TB of data over about 85 nodes.  Everything was good
untill I got to Exchange 2000 and everybody wanted message level restore
like Arcserve and Commvault.  Also Microsoft has a bug that of course
only affects Tivoli (memory leak).  If it sounds like I am wining then I
probably am.

I guess my question is...   does anyone have any pros or cons for Tivoli
over Arcserve?  My Exchange environment is a two server cluster on a
Compaq SAN.  It has two storage groups right now one at 127g and the
other at 192g.  There are plans  to break them out into smaller stores
(around 50g each).

Any help in the form of suggestions would be helpfull.

thank you

Scott Davis