ADSM-L

Re: Scripting Question

2001-09-05 02:49:53
Subject: Re: Scripting Question
From: Jörg Nouvertné <joerg.nouvertne AT WTAL DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 08:50:47 +0200
Hi,

you can use flexible admin schedules using admin scripts like this:

select process from processes where -
  upper(process)='BACKUP STORAGE POOL'
if(RC_OK) goto reschedule
backup DB type=full devc=LTO
exit
reschedule:
del sch retry_backup_database type=admin
def sch retry_backup_database t=a -
  cmd="run backup_database" active=yes -
  starttime=NOW+0:10 peru=o

This scripts will terminate the current schedule and define a "retry"
schedule 10 minutes later to avoid performing the DB backup while the backup
of the storage pool is still running.

Joerg Nouvertne
http://home.wtal.de/the_swordsman