ADSM-L

Automated procedure/ script to perform Checkout of daily dbbackup vol

2001-09-04 09:17:01
Subject: Automated procedure/ script to perform Checkout of daily dbbackup vol
From: Lee Lewis <Lewis.Lee AT SPCUM.QC DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:02:12 -0400
HI *sm'ers,
I've just installed TSM V4.2 on Windows 2000 server and I'm  getting
acquainted to TSM.

 Here is my request :  I would like to perform a daily checkout of my
dbbackup(full) volume from the tape library (LTO 3583) without
having the operator issue the checkout libv command. All I want the operator
to do is to open the I/O station and remove the tapes.
Is there any solution ???
I've set up a procedure/script to perform the automated checkout of volumes
from the library but unfortunately, I've hit a wall on how TSM can pass a
list of volumes to the checkout command . Here is an example of my script :

 Select volume-name from libvol where status=private and lastuse=dbbackup
 update volhist volume-name devcl=dclto200gc location=loc1
 checkout libv  volume-name   .......

Lewis
Software analyst