ADSM-L

3570 Library Question

2001-09-03 03:14:19
Subject: 3570 Library Question
From: Maurice van 't Loo <maurice AT COMPARE.MYWEB DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 09:16:38 +0200
Hi,

I'v got a question about the IBM3570 Library on a RS/6000 server.

The library is able to push the tapes further in the slots than the standard
place, further to the door. The tapes are in that case checked out. I saw it
happend in the full-automatic mode of the library.

Now the library is in control by TSM, i want that it can do the same thing.
In stat of using the input/output, i want to checkout the tapes by push the
tapes to the door, so i can checkout more than one tape and i can see which
tapes are checked out.

TSM is not able to do this.

I tried to find a way that AIX can do it for me, but i'm not succesful.
I tried tapeutil, and don't know any other util. who can do this for me.

Does anybody knows the answer?

TIA,
   Maurice van 't Loo
   The Netherlands