ADSM-L

Re: Floating Client License Period

2001-09-01 09:49:41
Subject: Re: Floating Client License Period
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 09:49:47 -0400
Not if the storage pool is colloacted by filespace...

                    "Joshua S.
                    Bassi"
                    <jbassi@IHWY. To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    COM>          cc:    (bcc: Robin Sharpe/WA/USR/SHG)
                                  Subject:
                    08/31/01             Re: Floating Client License Period
                    07:17 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Yes, we had thought of this.  Another requirement would be to place each
partition on a separate tape (including incrementals).  If we are
talking 2500 clients copying data across to disk on the TSM server (the
network people won't allow this to be done with NFS) and then backing up
each file space onto a separate tape then we would need to either 1)
create all these virtual nodes or 2) use include statements to bind each
one to it's own storage pool.

Either way would be a maintenance headache!  And of course the customer
does not want a dedicated TSM person - what else is new "Silly-cone
Valley."

--
Joshua S. Bassi
Joshua S. Bassi