ADSM-L

Re: Desaster Recovery for Win2K Clients

2001-08-31 18:03:46
Subject: Re: Desaster Recovery for Win2K Clients
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 18:04:35 -0400
Testing recently I have found that (at least in our environment) bare-metal
restore for Win2K is very sensitive to the combination of client & server
levels we are running.

The basic instructions are in the recently-published REDBOOK "Deploying the
Tivoli Storage Manager Client in a WIn2K Environment" SG24-6141.  You can
download it in .pdf format from www.redbooks.ibm.com, search on the book#.

I have posted my instructions that Ray mentioned, plus some updates (as of
today) from recent testing with later client releases  to
www.coderelief.com.  Click the button for Scripts&Links, then click the link
to TSM SCRIPTS, look for the topic Disaster Recovery.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert