ADSM-L

Re: Cannot delete tape in empty status... media state is incorrect

2001-08-31 09:16:08
Subject: Re: Cannot delete tape in empty status... media state is incorrect
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:16:13 -0400
It's already read/write.  I think this must be a defect, due to the media
state discrepancy.  I'm going to open a problem with Tivoli today.  I'll
keep you posted... thanks to everyone for your help.

Robin Sharpe
Berlex Laboratories

                    Yanki Yuksel
                    <[email protected]
                    LCATEL.CA>          To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                        cc:    (bcc: Robin Sharpe/WA/USR/SHG)
                    08/30/01 02:59 PM   Subject:
                    Please respond to          Re: Cannot delete tape in empty
status... media state is incorrect
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

All you should have to do is type :

update vol DBR086 access=readwrite

This should automatically make it a scratch volume

then you should be able to check it in as a scratch volume

I hope this helps

Yanki