ADSM-L

Re: TSM DB/Disk Pool - Disk tuning question

2001-08-30 17:03:46
Subject: Re: TSM DB/Disk Pool - Disk tuning question
From: "Richard L. Rhodes" <rhodesr AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 17:04:55 -5
On 30 Aug 2001, at 14:48, Jeff Bach wrote:
> 1.  A single backups runs to a single volume as perceived by ADSM.  The
> first session runs to the first volume allocated to the storage pool.  The
> second session runs to the second logical volume allocated to the storage
> pool.  The third sessions to the third volume.

Boy is this confusing, not not well documented.  I thought
(apparently wrongly) that the unit of allocation was a transaction.
The first transaction for a session would go on one volume, the
second tran would go on another, the third on still another.  Thus,
one session could spread it's backup data across all volumes.

I'll have to try this on our test system - when we get it working
someday!

Rick