ADSM-L

Re: CopyStoragePool tapes not expiring?

2001-08-30 06:39:42
Subject: Re: CopyStoragePool tapes not expiring?
From: Herfried Abel <ha7 AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:40:04 +0200
Hi,

did you perform an UPD VOL SA2_006 ACC=READWR

after this it should be deleted from the stg pool and return to scratch
state.

herfried

Eugene Awyong - Singapore <eawyong AT SAPL.SAMSUNG DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on
30.08.2001 12:23:13

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

Subject:  CopyStoragePool tapes not expiring?

Hi,

        I seem to have a problem with some of my 'copystoragepool' tapes.
Whenever i check out these tapes, I update the volumes as access=offsite,
but it seems that when the original tape expires, they do not. See below
for
an example. SA2_006 already has 0.0% Pct Util and has a volume status of
'Empty' but when I tried to check the tape in a scratch volume, TSM does
not
allow me to do it. Can anyone suggest a solution? I'm out of scratch
volumes
already. Not a good thing. :-(

Thanks in Advance.

Volume Name                  Storage         Device         Estimated
Pct      Volume
                             Pool Name       Class Name      Capacity
Util      Status
                                                                 (MB)

------------------------     -----------     ----------     ---------
-----     --------
-----     --------
SA2_001                      DAILYCOPYP-     LTO_DEV2       107,040.1
SA2_001                      DAILYCOPYP-     LTO_DEV2       107,040.1
100.0     Filling
                              OOL

SA2_002                      DAILYCOPYP-     LTO_DEV2       232,740.9
100.0       Full
                              OOL

SA2_003                      DAILYCOPYP-     LTO_DEV2        54,843.9
37.6     Filling
                              OOL

SA2_004                      DAILYCOPYP-     LTO_DEV2       194,074.3
100.0       Full
                              OOL

SA2_005                      DAILYPOOL       LTO_DEV1       247,601.2
0.1       Full
SA2_006                      DAILYCOPYP-     LTO_DEV2             0.0
0.0      Empty
                              OOL

The information contained in this transmission, which may be
confidential and proprietary, is only for the intended recipients.
Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
transmission in error, please notify me immediately by telephone
or electronic mail and confirm that you deleted this transmission
and the reply from your electronic mail system.