ADSM-L

Re: Client optionset schedlogretention doesn't work !?

2001-08-28 14:15:49
Subject: Re: Client optionset schedlogretention doesn't work !?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:17:12 -0400
>I have the below client optionset on my 4.1 server, but my clients never get
>their logs pruned. The logs just grow and grow. I have a mix of 3.7 ,
>4.1.2.12 clients and I think they all experience the same thing.
>
>Anyone have any ideas?
>
>      Optionset WIN32_INCLEXCL
>      Option DSMCDEFAULTCOMMAND
>      Sequence number 0
>      Option Value schedlogretention 8
>      Override Yes

Keith - SCHEDLOGRETENTION is not defined as a legal CLIENTOpt, so I don't
        think you can do it from the server.
What you have done above should be undone: you have changed the default
action of the 'dsmc' command from Loop to a nonsensical value.
(The undocumented DSMCDEFAULTCOMMAND option, which would go in dsm.opt
if used, defines what happens when you invoke 'dsmc' with no operands.
Conceivably, you might change it to something like HELP rather than LOOP;
but probably nothing else.)

   Richard Sims, BU