ADSM-L

Re: Archive recovery

2001-08-28 12:03:43
Subject: Re: Archive recovery
From: David McClelland <DAVIDMCCLELLAND AT UK.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:31:08 +0100
Jennifer,

You can, if you're a) lucky and b) a bit naughty.

We've achieved such feats in extreme circumstances in the past by building
a second TSM server partition and restoring an old TSM database backup from
our main TSM server, and then trying to restore from that. If you're
fortunate, the tape that the server will request the restore from, although
'expired' in the current database, will not have been written over with
fresh data since then, and you'll be able to satisfy your restore. It helps
if you have a large number of scratchtapes and not too high a turnaround.

Rgds,

David McClelland
Tivoli Storage Management Team
Tivoli Storage Management Team
IBM EMEA Technical Centre,
Internet: davidmcclelland AT uk.ibm DOT com

"Page, Jennifer" <JPage AT DAINRAUSCHER DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 28-08-2001
15:50:49