ADSM-L

Re: Slow Restores on Netware

2001-08-28 10:14:00
Subject: Re: Slow Restores on Netware
From: Greg Tice <Ticeg AT SCHNEIDER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 09:14:48 -0500
We regularly get 8-10gb/hour on Netware restores.  These servers typically
have 100+gb of disk & 1 million+ files on them.  Similar performance on NT.

A bit more detail on your client & server configurations would be helpful.

Regards,

   Greg

                    Scott G Davis
                    <Scott.G.Davis@A        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    LLTEL.COM>              cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:         Fax to:
                    Dist Stor               Subject:     Slow Restores on
Netware
                    Manager"
                    <[email protected]
                    T.EDU>

                    08/27/2001 21:49
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Is it me or is a restore of Netware data slow?  I get at best 5.6g per
hour off of a 21g per hour drive.  TSM backs it up fast  but takes way
to long to restore.  Does anyone else have this problem and if so what
do you do?