ADSM-L

Question about Maxscratch (Collocate/No Collocate)

2001-08-28 02:21:13
Subject: Question about Maxscratch (Collocate/No Collocate)
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 09:02:39 +0200
Hi

For example I have two storage pools A and B  with:

 A with nodes=12 maxscratch=4 collocate=yes
 B with nodes=10 maxscratch=3 collocate=no

My question is about the order of filling the tapes. As I understand

For Storage Pool A :    Tape1   Node1      (Scratch 1)
                                   Tape2   Node2       (Scratch2)
                                   Tape3   Node3       (Scratch3)
                                   Tape4   Node4       (Scratch4)
No more scratch tape (maxscratch=4). Now the next node5 will be on Tape1 and
node6 on Tape2  etc ........ till nodes12
The next backup of  node1 will be on Tape1  etc .....

For Storage Pool B:  Tape1 Node1 TO Node10   (scratch 1) till full then
Tape2 etc .....

Did I understand right ???????????????

T.I.A  Regards  Robert Ouzen
E-Mail: rouzen AT univ.haifa.ac DOT il