ADSM-L

Tivoli Setup

2001-08-27 22:44:23
Subject: Tivoli Setup
From: Scott G Davis <Scott.G.Davis AT ALLTEL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 21:46:45 -0500
I have one Tivoli Server servicing 63 Netware and NT clients.  I have a
two part question-
1.   I run backup once a day.  I want to be able to restore anything for
30days.  After that, keep 30 versions for 120 days.  I do not want to
get keep anything inactive past 120days.  I was running at NOLIMIT,
NOLIMIT, 120, and 120.  I was retaining too much data so I reduced it to
30, 30, 120, 120.  Am I keeping too much still or not enough?

2.   I am wanting to upgrade my tape technology from DLT to SDLT and I
am wondering the best way to accomplish this.  Along with this I want to
switch to co-location to speed up restore times on large volumes.  I can
add the drives to the libraries and issue move data commands for one,
but what else could be done to get the data copied to new tapes and
colocated at the same time?

Thanks,

Scott G Davis
Alltel