ADSM-L

Help!!! I need a s

2001-08-24 16:38:11
Subject: Help!!! I need a s
From: George Lesho <GLesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:38:05 -0500
I admin our AIX servers and do all the TSM stuff at our site. I know
nothing about Lotus Notes or the TDP for Lotus Domino tool. I have been
told that it is useful because can back up the LN database warm with a
higher degree of integrity than just using TSM to back up all the .nsf file
incrementally. Is this correct?

Our new Domino (Win2K) will have 1200 users soon after it goes on line. I
am having a hard time getting a concept of how to back this thing up...
With 1200 users, do I back the thing up once a week and do frequent
archivelog commands? There is little, if any stategy in the Install/User
guide based on the number of users. We have good network throughput and
decent backup windows. . FYI: My TSM server is 3.7.3.6 / AIX 4.3.3ml8. What
type of and what frequency are you using at your location to back up your
Domino server? My initial stab is incremental using the following:

1 ver data exist
1 ver data deleted
14 retain extra ver
14 retain only ver

I am hoping to be able to restore someones Lotus Notes for up to 2 weeks
back in time based on one backup a day.
Will these values allow me to do this? If I do archivelog, and don't do an
incremental backup every day, how will this
effect the above parameters that effect retention?
HELP! Advice is surely needed here.

George Lesho
AFC Enterprises