ADSM-L

Unwanted return to scratch tape during DR

2001-08-24 07:44:09
Subject: Unwanted return to scratch tape during DR
From: wouter-v <wouter-v AT EASYNET DOT BE>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:49:55 +0200
Hello,

I'm writing a script to automate disaster recovery of our TSM config.

AIX 4.3.3 / TSM 4.2
primary storage pool uses 5 scratch tapes
maxscratch=5
collocation = on

* Every day we take a backup stgpool to a copy storage pool which goes
offsite.
* Collaction = off
* Until now 1 tape / day

Restore of TSM DB = OK now
Restore of TSM DB = OK now
Checkin of offsite_copy volumes : OK
I changed the access of the primary tape pool volumes to destroyed
I delete all destroyed volumes

Problem : when the last volume of the primary tape pool (ptape_pool) is
deleted, TSM automatically changes the volume(s) of my copy storage pool to
"scratch". HEEELP !! I want to do a restore stgpool from this volume !!

What did I do wrong ?? Can I change the tape back to storage pool offsite_1
without erasing the data on it.

Thank you in advance !

Regards,
Wouter V.