ADSM-L

Re: Are my posts getting through ?

2001-08-23 13:36:24
Subject: Re: Are my posts getting through ?
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:37:06 -0700
Re:  Beta!!!! Redhat 7.2 & ext3

I don't know, and I would have to assume from the lack of response that
either nobody else has messed with it yet either, probably because it's beta
and we're all busy with production issues, or whoever has messed with it
doesn't read the list or doesn't want to share the results of his time and
labor as it may be equivalent to giving away time/intellectual capital.

Re:  4.2 client and Unicode

The only two options I see are obvious.  Suck it up until 4.2.0.x, or
backlevel.  If backlevel, obviously you can't restore the stuff backed up
with 4.2, but if you need to, you might be able to install 4.2 into a
different location to restore something that was backed up under 4.2.  I
haven't tested that, though, so you might want to.

The long and the short of it is that I, at least, haven't responded because
I don't have anything useful to contibute regarding your issues.  I'm
replying now because I can at least answer the question, "What gives !!!"  I
would suggest that everybody else is in the same boat.  I would also suggest
that contact with Tivoli support about issues we can't help you with might
be helpful.

I hope this helps.

Alex