ADSM-L

Re: repetitive script stops at 1st RC=11

2001-08-23 08:12:18
Subject: Re: repetitive script stops at 1st RC=11
From: Alan Davenport <alan.davenport AT SELECTIVE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 08:11:10 -0400
+ Hello all,
+         I am running TSM 4.1.3 on OS390.  I am trying to run a batch job
+ that has a list of select commands  to validate the contents of different
+ filespaces.  If one of the filespaces is empty or the does not
+ have a match
+ for the select command I get the following message and it does
+ not continue
+ on to the next select command.  IS there a way around this?   Is there any
+ good documentation anywhere on the SQL commands anywhere?
+ ANR2034E SELECT: No match found using this criteria.
+ ANS8001I Return code 11.
+ ANS8029E Macro processing terminated.
+ Matt

A solution that comes to mind is to run each select as a separate STEP in
your batch job instead of creating a macro containing ALL of the select
statements. This way unless you code your batch job with a COND parameter
check each select will be independent from the other and will not stop
processing.

 Al