ADSM-L

ANR8304E

2001-08-20 15:32:04
Subject: ANR8304E
From: George Lesho <GLesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:37:12 -0500
%smers,

Using TSM 3.7.3.6 (server) on AIX 433ML8 with Atape 6.1.6

TSM wants to mount a scratch tape (NEVER a private tape). The drive TSM
selects gives a time out error. There NEVER is an actual tape mounted or
I/O errors from a mount nor any VCR repair of a tape. This has happened 6
times in the last 24 hours. It has occurred on every one of my six drives
(3575L32 with six 3750 drives). I loaded a new version of the Atape.driver
about 2 weeks ago and the problem began occurring since that time. I clean
my tape drives religously and there is no actual media involved in this
problem. Example from actl:

08/20/01   12:14:03      ANR8304E Time out error on drive L1D3 (/dev/rmt8) in
library 3575LIB1.
08/20/01   12:14:12      ANR1404W Scratch volume mount request denied - mount
failed.

Problem initially appeared to be h/w as it is reported to my errpt but I have
had the library checked out and full diags run. Also
problem has occurred on different drives and then after the time out error,
they go on working without being polled with no
problems.... Anyone seen this or have any ideas?

George Lesho
Storage/System Admin
AFC Enterprises