ADSM-L

Backup Set Restore Problem

2001-08-17 09:24:22
Subject: Backup Set Restore Problem
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:23:14 +0100
Can anyone help me?

I have a problem. I have backed up a client to a 3590 tape (via a 3494 tape
library) and want to restore it to another machine. I have the other
machine connected to a standalone 3590 tape drive and have checked that it
is connected properly (just tested a simple ufs dump). I have the client
(3.7.2.0) installed on the other machine, and issue the command as follows:
-
dsmc restore backupset "/dev/rmt/0"
dsmc restore backupset "/dev/rmt/0"

It sits for a while before issuing the following message.

Invalid TCP/IP hostname was specified.

The machine I am attempting to restore is not connected to a network, so
what am I doing wrong? Any ideas would be most welcomed.

ps - I am running TSM 3.7.3.8 on a Solaris platform.

Thanks for all help in advance.

Farren Minns