ADSM-L

Have you heard this before: make them all ReadOnly and startover ...

2001-08-16 23:23:57
Subject: Have you heard this before: make them all ReadOnly and startover ...
From: Steve Harris <STEVE_HARRIS AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:24:36 +1000
Hmm,

I've got the same problem but yes, they are a B1A to E1A move.  Interestingly
some tapes move ok and others don't.

Steve Harris
AIX and TSM Admin
Queensland Health, Brisbane Australia

>>> Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU> 17/08/2001 9:28:32 >>>
Listers!!:

THe end note of my migration / conversion from a 3466-C00 w/3.7.2 to a
3466-C01 with 4.1.3 was that none of the original tapes coming from the
3.7.2 system could be opened in read/write mode on the 4.1.3 system and
had to have access permanently set to READONLY.

Now I have to do a migration to recover the writeable use of thse tapes.

 THis sounds a lot like the 3590 B heads to E heads procedure. BUT BUT BUT
BUT .... I never had B head drives. All my (2) drives are E1A's in a 3494
and THEY didn't change with the changing of 3466's.

Has anybody heard of this before when it wasn't upgradin 3590 drives
from B1As to E1As??????????

thanks ... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley
Private mail on any topic should be directed to :
   joef AT socrates.berkeley DOT edu

This e-mail, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential
and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality
is not waived or lost if you receive it and you are not the intended
recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/ received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review
of this e-mail is prohibited.  It may be subject to a statutory duty of
confidentiality if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this
e-mail in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by
telephone or by return e-mail.  You should also delete this e-mail
message and destroy any hard copies produced.