ADSM-L

Re: Disaster Recovery - Question

2001-08-15 16:39:30
Subject: Re: Disaster Recovery - Question
From: Lindsay Morris <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:33:00 -0400
If you have 20 tape drives, and you're trying to recover many clients,
you'll probably run into this:
Restore of system A has tape volume 0001 mounted;
Restore of System B ALSO needs volume 0001, so it hangs.

If you collocate your copy pool, this shouldn't happen.  But collocating
your copy pool is not recommmended.
Anyone have a good solution for this problem?