ADSM-L

Re: tape drive unavailable WHEN THEY ARE!!!!!

2001-08-15 14:47:30
Subject: Re: tape drive unavailable WHEN THEY ARE!!!!!
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:48:07 -0700
Maybe its a false error.  Do you have enough tapes available to the tape
pool?  Do a "query <stgPoolName> f=d" and look for Maximum Scratch Volumes
Allowed: and see how that compares to the number of tapes in use.

Also try a "query drive" to make sure all the drives are available and
defined to the correct devtype.