ADSM-L

Re: Need different files backuped on same Unix client.

2001-08-14 15:30:25
Subject: Re: Need different files backuped on same Unix client.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 15:31:08 -0400
> We are running TSM 4.1.3 server on a AIX system.  The client on the same
> system is run with a schedule everynight to backup up certain log
> files.  On Sunday we do an archive backup of all of the files.  Thie
> archive backup takes to long (12 hours) and we would like to cut it down
> by using the normal incremental backup.  I need to find a way to change
> the include-exclude file list on Sunday morning to insure a complete
> backup.  I had heard that you can create two clients on the same
> system.  If so, does anyone know how to do it and also how do you point
> it to a different dsm.sys and dsm.opt file?

Joe - I would approach the everynight differently, to simplify things.
      Nightly, I would run a Selective backup to back up the log files,
eliminating the need for the Include spec that otherwise complicates
your life.  The Sunday Incremental would thus process the whole file
system without impediment.

  Richard Sims, BU