ADSM-L

Need different files backuped on same Unix client.

2001-08-14 14:51:20
Subject: Need different files backuped on same Unix client.
From: Joe Spade <jaspade AT IX.NETCOM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:51:26 -0400
We are running TSM 4.1.3 server on a AIX system.  The client on the same
system is run with a schedule everynight to backup up certain log
files.  On Sunday we do an archive backup of all of the files.  Thie
archive backup takes to long (12 hours) and we would like to cut it down
by using the normal incremental backup.  I need to find a way to change
the include-exclude file list on Sunday morning to insure a complete
backup.  I had heard that you can create two clients on the same
system.  If so, does anyone know how to do it and also how do you point
it to a different dsm.sys and dsm.opt file?

J. Spade
R & L Carriers, Inc.