ADSM-L

Re: TSM Job "release"

2001-08-14 12:00:23
Subject: Re: TSM Job "release"
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:01:10 -0400
>...The nightly scheduling of administrator
>scripts will not work for me as the window for running
>the jobs varies from night to night, thus the need to
>"release" or run these scripts at appropriate
>(varying) times. Anyone met this challenge?

Rod - You could try a variant of the "bkup_stg_db" server script
      which is provided at the bottom of the scripts.smp file,
which detects a certain deterring condition and reschedules itself
to try again in 20 minutes.  That is, you can have a server script
scheduled to start trying at a certain time of night, and keep
trying if a given condition is met...something as trivial as an
operator session present/absent, to trigger the job.  Lots of
flexibility there.

  Richard Sims, BU