ADSM-L

ADSM Monitor ...

2001-08-14 01:26:00
Subject: ADSM Monitor ...
From: Sean Voyce <seanv AT WOOLWORTHS.CO DOT NZ>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 17:11:27 +1200
Hi,

A long time ago, I offered the list my ADSM Monitor. Today I'm offering my
new improved deluxe version to anyone who wants a copy.

This is an HTML interface to a monitor that checks at regular intervals for
outstanding tape mounts. The "Lazy Operator" (that's me) can then mount the
tape and click a button on his/her favorite browser to keep ADSM happy.
Outstanding requests etc are effectively highlighted ;-)

There are of course plenty of other features to make life easier, and this
version also traps some of the common errors that our site manages to
produce. (Adding more traps is easy to do).

A slight re-write has made the whole thing a bit more "user friendly",
halved the code base, saved a few dolphins and bought peace to computer
rooms the world over.

To run this you will need (or be able to convert from) ...

A *nix machine (ours is AIX on RS/6000) capable of issuing "dsmadmc"
commands (ie running ADSM) from a shell script, running a web server (we're
using Apache), and PERL. (I'm sure I can ditch the PERL - it's only used in
a very small cgi script. More research needed).

I don't have an install script, and you will need to change a few settings
here and there to suit your site. I have tried to make this as easy as
possible though - maybe an hour to install and make any required changes.

If you would like a copy, email me (seanv) at woolworths.co.nz - I'll
respond ASAP. (It is of course FREE and less than 140k in size).

To those who tried the old version - this one looks pretty much the same ...
more functions & better code though. Well worth an upgrade.

Sean Voyce.
DISCLAIMER: "The information in this email and in any attachments is
confidential and intended solely for the attention and use of the addressee(s).
If this email is not intended for you, you must not use, read, distribute or
copy it. If you have received this email by mistake please call the sender
immediately on 64-9-2620772 and erase the email and any attachments, and any
copies of the same. Internet communications are not secure and therefore
Woolworths (NZ) Ltd does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of Woolworths (NZ) Ltd unless
specifically stated."