ADSM-L

Re: dsmc: same vs. different node, root vs. non-root user...

2001-08-13 13:39:03
Subject: Re: dsmc: same vs. different node, root vs. non-root user...
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:39:46 -0700
When you have access to the node's password, TSM assumes you're the
authorized backup person for the node, which is why you can see everything
when you use the VirtualNodeName option and plug in the password.  As root,
obviously you have access to all the files, so you can see them then, also.

A question, what kind of access does the "user that can't see the files"
have to the files the user is trying to restore?  Does the user own those
files?  I did a quick test on my box, and my regular user ID can only
restore things that I own/have access to.  I didn't narrow it down to
whether it was own or access, but if you're interested, you can test both.

Alex