ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Domino Multi partition B/U

2001-08-10 16:31:10
Subject: Re: TDP for Domino Multi partition B/U
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 16:32:15 -0400
> We are attempting to set up TDP for domino backing up a multi partition
>Domino R5 server. I have defined 3 nodes to the TSM server, the first is
>the TSM node name, NODE1 the second is the first domino partition DOM1 and
>the third is the second Domino partition DOM2.
>
> I am able to run the backups but I am receiving data from the DOM1
>partition for both the DOM1 and DOM2 transaction log archives. I have
>followed the documentation and used the domdsmc set command for my unique
>DOMDSM.CFG files which are DOMDSM01.CFG and DOMDSM02.CFG
>
> Any idea why I am unable to get the DOM2 partitions transaction log to
>backup?? any help is greatly appreciated.

Brian,

Are you specifying the /CONFIGFILE option on the
archivelog command?  For example:

  domdsmc archivelog  /configfile=DOMDSM02.CFG

And does the NOTESInipath in the DOMDSM02.CFG file
point to the directory containing the NOTES.INI file
for the third partition?

Also, make sure there are NO other NOTES.INI files
anywhere in your path (like \WINNT\SYSTEM32, \WINNT) etc.
We have seen situtations where a NOTES.INI file
simply being in the path can cause problems like this.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler