ADSM-L

Re: Again about performance and a lot of small files.

2001-08-10 15:21:28
Subject: Re: Again about performance and a lot of small files.
From: Kyle Payne <payne AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 14:17:29 -0400
I am just curious do you have caching on for your disk pool?  If you do then
when reclamation runs do you sometimes see only 1 tape being mounted.  If
you have caching on and your disk pool has not been purged of files needed
for reclamation then reclamation can resort to reclaiming from disk.  When
this happens reclamation runs extremely slow.

Based on what you said it doesn't appear this is your problem but I just
wanted you to know.

Kyle