ADSM-L

dsmc arch - command issued - seems to do nothing.

2001-08-10 11:41:25
Subject: dsmc arch - command issued - seems to do nothing.
From: Jim Taylor <jtaylor AT ENLOGIX DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 08:39:11 -0700
I don't know if this is a problem with TSM client or AIX.

If you have seen this or may have an idea on what is happening I would love
to here about it.

Our situation:

TSM client 4.1.2
AIX on client is 4.3.3

dsmc arch commands are issued sequentially from a script

The results from each of the commands are sent to separate logs

several of the dsmc archive commands run with not problem.  Then a dsmc arch
command is issued that does nothing.  In other words the log that should be
written to has nothing in it.  There is no indication on the server that a
session was attempted for this command.

On the AIX side a ps -ef|grep dsmc shows that a process is running.  Once
that process is killed the next dsmc arch command is issued and runs without
problem.

Example of the ps results as follows:

oracle  71232  71456   0 20:36:30      -  0:08 dsmc archive
/oratst007/GUCC02/uentmgr_tabGUCC02_01.dbf -subdir=yes  -se=tsm-a1
-archc=1month
This has occurred several times, without consistency.  Never with the same
This has occurred several times, without consistency.  Never with the same
filesystem and never at the same time of day.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx in advance.