ADSM-L

4.1.3 can not handle multi-tape UNLOADDB

2001-08-09 15:01:19
Subject: 4.1.3 can not handle multi-tape UNLOADDB
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 12:02:03 -0700
I've just been informed by lvl2 that the UNLOADDB command of TSM 4.1.3
can not handle a DB that goes to more than one tape.

How can they ship a 3466 with TSM at a level with KNOWN PROBLEMS!!!!!

I'm using 3590s with a 30 Gig DB and it stalls at the same
place every time.

Recommended fix is to go to tsm 4.1.4.

Does anyone have experience doing UNLOADDBs and can confirm
that this will fix my problem or is this the old:

      'go to the next level (and I'll wait to hear
       from you again)'  non-sense?????

thanks ... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley
Private mail on any topic should be directed to :
   joef AT socrates.berkeley DOT edu