ADSM-L

Re: TDP SQL v2.2

2001-08-09 13:28:11
Subject: Re: TDP SQL v2.2
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 13:29:27 -0400
> I set that to the account that is logged in on the server.  If I manually
> run sqlfull.cmd it runs fine but if I let the scheduler service start the
> backup it fails.    I have tried the domain administrator account & a
local
> admin account that are supposed to have sa equivelant access & no luck...
> stopped & restarted the service after I made these changes.  Is there a
way
> that I can tell it to use the sa account?  This is the only server I have
> this problem on....

Bruce,

One thing to check... The SQL logon user or Windows user name
must be added to the SQL Server SYSADMIN fixed server role
before it can be used by TDP for SQL.  Did you check that?

If that still doesn't work...

If you want to use SQL level security try using these options
on the backup command:

   /SQLAUTHentication=SQLUSERID
   /SQLUSer=sa
   /SQLPassword=pass_for_sa

...where "pass_for_sa" is your password for the "sa" account.

The first option tells it to use sqluser and sqlpassword
options when communicating with the SQL server.
The second two options allow you to enter the values
that TDP for SQL uses to contact the SQL server.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono