ADSM-L

Re: Client 4.1.2.12 Problem?

2001-08-09 06:12:18
Subject: Re: Client 4.1.2.12 Problem?
From: Walter Ridderhof <Walter.Ridderhof AT MAIL.ING DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:28:59 +0200
Mike,

we had similar problems, the new client could would just die in the backup
wihout a worthy message left behind,  an excerpt from the V4.1.2.19 fix:
* IC29845     Client terminates the backup if it tries to back up a drive it *
*             can not access (such as the Microsoft Exchange Installable     *
*             File System).                                                  *

This fix solved all our NT backup problems, backups are now running to the end.
Although fixtest V4.1.2.17 also contains fix IC29845 we found it did not
entirely do the thing. Besides the backup problem we also experienced dying TSM
schedule services. V4.1.2.17 did not resolve this, V4.1.2.19 did.

regards Walter Ridderhof.

ATTENTION:
ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.