ADSM-L

broken tape

2001-08-08 23:56:47
Subject: broken tape
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 20:40:03 -0700
I'm going through my first experience with a broken tape and I'd like to
know how to clean this up. Since the tape is broken it obviously can't be
mounted to extract data. So how will TSM get the data, from my offsite
volumes I assume? I'm guessing I can preview anything that might want an
offsite vol(s) so I can get them first.

Which brings me to a question. It's nice to go to TSM classes but real world
scenarios are not in an easy place to find answers. Does anyone know of, or
have, a how to list of common problems that can help in some of these daily
frustrations we all seem to have? Like, broken tape: step1, 2, 3...., Out of
log space, Step 1, 2, 3..... etc.

Thanks, for the help....

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator