ADSM-L

Client 4.1.2.12 Problem?

2001-08-08 09:48:24
Subject: Client 4.1.2.12 Problem?
From: "Anderson, Michael - HMIS" <Michael_Anderson AT HMIS DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 09:46:31 -0400
        I was wondering if there is problems with the Windows NT client
4.1.2.12. I remember seeing a previous note about
    backups die, when it hits a file it did not know how to handle. Here is
my problem, I have been upgrading my NT clients
    from 3.06 to 4.1.2.12. I am just over half way done, but on two of the
servers I have upgraded I have the following problem.
    The backup will be going along and then just die, the only message in
the act log is client timed out. I tried putting the
    clients in verbose, but then the problem stopped. I put the client back
in quite mode, a couple of days ago, and now it
    started again yesterday.  TSM server is 4.1.0  My next question is if I
have to upgrade, can I do it without rebooting.
    A lot of our servers here are 24 x 7, and it is not easy to get
permission for down time.

     thanks
     Mike Anderson

confidential