ADSM-L

Recover Windows 2000 Client

2001-08-08 08:51:38
Subject: Recover Windows 2000 Client
From: Joe Spade <jaspade AT IX.NETCOM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 08:51:41 -0400
We decided to do a test on the recovery of a windows 2000 client.  We
made sure a backup was done of all local files and of the system files.
We then trashed the drive, restored the os and installed the TSM client
software.  At this point we recovered the local files, then recovered
the system files.  After the system files were done, we were requested
to do a restart.  The client came up fine, everything looks ok.  But,
when we went into My Network Place an error 29 - unspecified error pops
up.  You get the same thing when you go into Control Panel.  You click
on ok and try to do a properties on local network connection and you get
another unspecified error and you cannot continue.  You are returned to
the main network screen.

Any ideas on what we did wrong or are we missing part of the recovery
procedure.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Joe Spade
R & L Carriers, Inc.