ADSM-L

TDP for SQL Server

2001-08-07 15:24:37
Subject: TDP for SQL Server
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 15:25:14 -0400
We have version 1.1 of TDP for Microsoft SQL Server installed on
several client systems. One of the more irritating peculiarities
of this software is that it attempts to back up the tempdb database
when executing a command like 'sqldsmc /backupfull:*'. This causes
an error because tempdb does not support backup or restore operations.
I remember reading that some of the more recent levels of the product
will skip tempdb when asked to backup all databases. What level of
the product introduced this improvement? Is this level available as
an upgrade for 1.1, or do we have to purchase it as a new product?