ADSM-L

Re: How reclamation doesn't work

2001-08-07 09:47:13
Subject: Re: How reclamation doesn't work
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 09:47:38 -0400
>I thought that TSM would recognize the change in threshold and maybe stop
>reclamation processing after its finished the current tape but it doesn't.

I always cancel the running process after setting the threshold to 100.
Even then, it will continue until the current file is copied, and maybe
even until the current node is completed.  I think the "unit of processing"
for reclamation is all the files that belong to a node... or was that for
migration?...  looks like time to hit the books! ;)

Robin Sharpe
Berlex Laboratories